Friday, October 21, 2011

God has a sense of humor...

Yesterday morning as I was getting ready I prayed that the Lord would reveal Himself to me throughout the day. Of course He did.

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday, these are always a bit emotional for me. I guess I just never know what to expect and that always stirs up the emotions. Anyway...as I was having a bit of a breakdown the doctor came around the counter and he just hugged me. At bible study we've been talking about our heavenly/earthly father. Well sometimes you just need a hug from your daddy/grandpa and unfortunately I don't have any of those anymore. So the Lord gave me a big "it's gonna be ok" hug that only a dad can give through my awesome doctor.

Later I was headed to the store, I needed milk. I had to go to Walmart because I get special milk that is only sold there. I had already been a few places all over town and had a few more to go, I was kinda just ready to be home. I walk up to the milk case and the whole section is empty...except one container of my special milk. Literally the whole thing is empty, except that one. I just started laughing, thinking the Lord is revealing Himself to me through milk. What a goof ball! That made me then think of that whole heavenly/earthly father thing. If you knew my dad you know that the perfect way to describe his sense of humor is as a goof ball!

Thank you Lord for who You are!!! Shine, Bright!

No comments:

Post a Comment