Friday, October 28, 2011

Sisterhood of the Traveling Couch

I had a request to blog about "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Couch" cleverly titled by Susan Wilson.

There is this relationship that you can't quite understand fully unless you have it: Sisterhood. I love my sisters, they are my best friends. They are always there for me, they tell me the truth even when it hurts, they understand why I am the way I am and don't hold it against me too much, haha. Needless to say I can always count on my sisters and they can count on me.

Yesterday Melissa found a couch (with the help of Susan) at a garage sale. Well, Jacque has been needing a new couch for awhile now, but with a dog and little kids she didn't really want to commit to anything new. Now, the couch that Jacque had Melissa found at a garage sale years ago. When she found a new one it was just fitting that it came in the same form...in more ways than where it came from...it was the same exact set of a couch, over sized chair and ottoman.

Mike and I had the day off yesterday, I was out of school and he took his personal day. We got a call from Melissa asking us if we could go get this new furniture and take it to Jac's house. Of course we said yes. Mel asked me to call Jac and tell her we would do it. When I did she was very thankful and admitted she was afraid to ask us because she knew it was our day off. We didn't even think twice about if we would do it or not. That is how family and sisterhood works. You just do it.

My sisters (and mom) and I have this innerfamily trade system. We just take care of things in the moment and worry about payment later. Yesterday mom bought us a heater, last week I got a phone cover for Mel, this weekend Jac bought our dinner...you see my point? I love our relationship, we trust eachother and never have to worry if things are going to work out.

I love my sisters (and my mom)!

No comments:

Post a Comment