Wednesday, April 16, 2014

What a day!

Today was a rough day. My 10 month old tested me to my limits today. She threw fits, she wouldn't nap, she pooped and it got everywhere (head to toe and all over OUR clothes), and she was just super fussy. I had lots of tears as well to be honest. I think part of the reason I am so emotional about it all is that I am so thankful for my little girl. This is the hardest thing I've every done, being a mom. She tests me and drives me crazy, but man oh man I love this little lady. One of the things that I struggle with is she isn't a great napper, she doesn't nap in her crib. She has to be in her car seat or she has to be held. It is my fault, I never made her learn. Here is my biggest struggle with all of this...is it worth it so that I get to cuddle and snuggle my little peanut? Day to day I don't think so, but big picture I do. I never expected to be able to have little Macy and what if I don't ever have another kid? These might be the only 10 month old snuggles I get! No, I don't get anything done during her nap time (if she takes one), but is that what is really important? It is so hard to know what to do as a parent...vaccines or not, crib or co-sleeping, formula or breastfeeding, stay at home or go to work, cry it out or coddle, and on and on and on. After a long day of many tears for both Mommy and baby, I reflect so that I can remember how completely blessed I am! God has been so good to me.

And on that note, let me just show you how precious my little lady is when she isn't fussing, playing in the toilet, or being the most stubborn baby I've ever met!
Happy Easter!

Christ has Risen! Be joyful!

Miss Sassy Pants 
Totes Adorbs
I love this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment