Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Walk by Faith

So, about two months ago I stopped listening to the Bobby Bones morning show. Not because I dislike it or it was inappropriate, but mainly because my antenna broke on the Runner and I had no radio. Now, if you know me you know how much I love that morning show, for my 45 min drive to work I was completely entertained and laughed out loud daily. Before I got my antenna fixed I decided to change my morning habits, give up a morning show I loved and spend time with the Lord each morning. More recently (since I started going to the Y before work each morning) I've listened to the radio until the morning news report and then started my payer time.

WELL the reason for the huge intro is to say how listening to Christian music really does affect me. I tend to get songs stuck in my head (when I had no radio I had a youth church song in my head for a week because it was the only music I had heard) and when the only music you hear is "Living He loved me, dying He saved me and burried He carried my sins far away" then you think that throughout the day. For me this makes a difference, other people may be able to listen to whatever (and thats totally ok). Don't get me wrong I love lots of music and I can't say that I don't ever listen to secular music.

WELL another reason for another huge intro is that this morning (I've had a very rough couple of days this week) I heard a song I've heard tons of times, but this morning the Lord SHOUTED to me (maybe at me) through this song by Jeremy Camp..." I will walk by faith even when I cannot see (You)." Today I needed to hear that. I needed to be reminded that when things seem so rough and I can't find the Lord, He is still there. He doesn't leave me. I might push Him to the back burner, but I'm always on His radar. Today I'm not having a rough day, my issue hasn't be solved, I'm still very emotional, but today I can remember that if I just walk by faith then I'll be more than ok. I could have not posted that yesterday or the day before because I very selfishly cared too much about myself to bring God into my hurt. He does not cause the hurt. He has a plan for me, I am happy with the plan? Not at the moment, but I will still have faith and I will continue to walk in that Faith, even when I cannot see what good is coming from these struggles.

1 comment:

  1. I had the exact (well almost exact) same experience this morning. "By Your Side" by Tenth Avenue North came on and I found myself weeping in my car because it was just was I needed from God. "Please don't fight these hands that are holding you. My hands are holding you" Love you sister!

    ReplyDelete