Wednesday, February 5, 2014

S'mores bars...yes please!

I like to eat. I love to bake. I am a diabetic. These three things together equal one big struggle. While I’m working at eating better, especially less sugar, I continue to bake because it makes my heart happy.

I love to bake for others, it helps the cause, they eat em and I don't eat ALL of em. I also love a compliment. When people love my baking it makes me feel so good. If I ever make something for you please tell me how you feel. Now, you can tell me you don’t like it, but be graceful, please. In fact if you don’t like it just don’t say anything. I don’t like fake compliments, so if you don’t like it just don’t say anything. BUT if you do like it, TELL ME! I need the validation. Yes I do.

OK all of this is to share with you my favorite dessert these days. It is a s’mores bar dessert from Pinterest. I love it and it is delicious. Two problems; it isn’t by any means healthy and it comes out a lil bit expensive. Despite those two things, I love it and I keep making it because it is a crowd pleaser. 

So here is the recipe...

 

This is mine baking in the oven. This last time I doubled the "cookie" portion of the recipe and used 1 and a half of the filling. This made it fit in a 9x13 pan and served more people.


If you want to visit the actual website for the recipe you can link from my "Things I've tried" page on Pinterest or find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment